Wednesday 3 May 2017

Floral sympathy cards

When I make sympathy cards, I always try to make a few at once, because I never want to have to make them when I need them.  I decided to make these four recently, but I changed them up a little bit - same floral stamp (Penny Black's "flower cascade"), stamped and white embossed in the same place using my MISTI, all watercoloured with Zig markers, but then rotated, and mounted onto different coloured card bases.  I used a few different sentiment stamps, too.
This one uses a sentiment from Reverse Confetti "Lots to say", and a Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock card base.

 This one uses a sentiment from an Avery Elle set called "With Sympathy", and a discontinued cardstock from Stampin' Up.
 Another using a sentiment from Reverse Confetti "Lots to say". No idea where that cardstock came from, sorry :(
 This one has a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp "Flower Friend", and the card base is a Hero Arts pool notecard. On this one, I accidentally picked up my bottle of Perfect Pearls mist instead of the almost identical spray bottle of water, so it has a lovely shimmer to it.
 Thanks for visiting :)

3 comments:

  1. Your painting on these is so pretty!! I like that you make a bunch at one time. I do this too for sympathy cards. People at work like to buy them from me because it is more personal getting a home made card!! Really lovely design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards. The colors are soft and elegant. Great idea to make several at once. A tip I need to implement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful cards! I love the faux stitching on the first few cards and lucky mix-up with the bottles in the last one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.