Saturday 21 January 2017

Foiling a stamped image: Addicted to CAS

Hello! I'm excited today because I have been invited to be a guest designer at Addicted to CAS - the theme this week is "Wish". I also have a fun technique to share with you!
I started by making an ink pad using Ranger Cut and Dry, and inked it up with Heidi Swapp Minc Reactive Paint. I then used the "Make a wish" stamp set from Create a Smile, and inked up the word "wish" with my home made ink pad. I waited for the paint to dry, then ran it through my Minc Mini machine with some blue reactive foil. It worked a charm!
I then took out the "Lots of Stars" stencil from Create a Smile, and used some Caribbean Sky and Persian Blue inks from Altenew to blend ink over the card. Then, leaving the first stencil in place, I put the Winnie and Walter "Big Bang Sci-Fi Star" Creative Screenings stencil over the top, and inked in some of those little stars over the top. I then added in some more little stars with my Wink of Stella clear shimmer pen.  I added the "upon a star" bit of the sentiment with Sapphire ink, and then I added some Sparkling Clear Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.


Thanks for visiting :)

10 comments:

  1. Michelle, you are a master at using stencils! Amazing! I'm very tempted to try the foil reactive ink and foil, such a lovely result with this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle! This is such a beautiful take on the Code Word! I love how you created your own ink pad to use for your foiling...it turned out perfectly! Your stenciled stars are so pretty, too!
    Thank you again for being our Guest Designer for this challenge! Your beautiful card is sure to inspire our challenge visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful take on wish word. I always love the way you use stencils. The ink blending looks perfect. So glad to have you as our guest designer at ATCAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful take on the challenge. I love your sponging and the sentiment is just perfect for this lovely design. Thank you for joining us as a guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is stunning! :)

    Thank you for joining ATCAS as a guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one terrific guest designer! Your card is terrific. You have inspired me to so some
    stenciling. Loved how you used the second stencil right over top the first one. So glad you could join us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely card, Michelle. The double stencil look is fantastic. It's nice to have you as our guest designer at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saw your card on Addicted to CAS and had to stop by and have a closer look! Glad I did that shine is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Nice to have you as a guestdesigner over at ATCAS. I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing stencilling & paint work! All the techniques you used are new to me so its been very inspirational too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.