Sunday 18 December 2016

Challenge me a Christmas Card 23

Welcome back to Challenge me a Christmas card! For this card, Betty Keefe and Leslie O'Connor both challenged me to join in with an online challenge called Merry Monday.  The challenge was to use red, white and grey. Now, the sentiment looks black, I grant you, but I stamped it in Grey Versafine ink and then clear embossed it, and it looks quite black now.  I actually missed entering this challenge when it was posted, but I still had it written down on my list of challenges after it had closed - serves me right for not double checking dates!

Yes, another card using Hero Arts Peace Poinsettia - I hope you're not sick of them, because I'm not!
For this card, I was inspired by a card posted earlier this month my Erum Jasneem at VIBGYOR Krafts - she was a guest of Taheerah Atchia on day 6 of her Advent Calendar event. I was inspired by the red cardstock with white embossed flowers on Erum's card.
I actually cheated on the red, white and grey part - because the poinsettias are coloured with four different colours - mid pink, pale pink, white and red, and then a touch of Wink of Stella on the highlights.  I was tempted to add some gold to the centre of each bloom, but I resisted.

 Thanks so much for visiting :)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.