Friday 2 December 2016

Challenge me a Christmas Card 15

Welcome back to Challenge me a Christmas Card part 15!

For this card, I actually combined three separate challenges.  My workmate, Trisha, challenged me o use the Australian Christmas Bell (Blandifordia nobilis) on a card.  My friend Maddie wanted me to make an Australian-themed card "without the cliche of Santa at the beach".  My choir friend, Di, wanted me to put a Christmas Carol on a card.  So I combined the three!

 For those friends in the northern hemisphere, Christmas in Australia is hot.  It's early summer and our northerly winds bring the heat down from Central Australia. Another thing you may not be aware of is that we have Australian Christmas carols - not many, I grant you, but they exist!  This one is my favourites - the words are by John Wheeler, the music by William G James.  (check out the lyrics at http://tww.id.au/christmas/carol-day.html)
I used the "softly" stamp from Penny Black for the flowers and leaves. Of course, I did not find a stamp for the sentiment, so I wrote that by hand.  The flowers and leaves were first stamped and clear-embossed onto kraft cardstock, then coloured with Inktense pencils and some water added. I also added a little bit of Wink of Stella to the flowers. A few extra leaves were stamped, fussy cut, and adhered with dimensional adhesive.
I'll be sharing this card at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - this week, it is Anything Goes!

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-33/
Thanks for visiting me for my latest "Challenge me a Christmas Card" post - stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card, Michelle! Love the gold embossing and colours on kraft cardstock. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.