Monday 7 November 2016

Challenge me a Christmas Card 2

Challenge me a Christmas Card is back, this time with a card using my oldest Christmas stamp. I was challenged to dig out my oldest Christmas stamp by Susan Rahaila, and I was challenged to make a Christmas carol-themed card by my choir buddy, Di.
This "Deck the halls" stamp is by an Australian company called Stamp-It. When I first started making cards, it was Christmas cards, but I used to do calligraphy, or illuminated letters, or dry embossing with little metal plates and a stylus. It was a bit of a leap for me to use a rubber stamp on a card, but I'm glad I did!
There is still a small part of me that dislikes this stamp, though - I have been a member of numerous choirs over the years, and every good chorister knows that the line in the carol is NOT "Deck the Halls" - it is "Deck the Hall".  I have come very close to attacking this stamp with a craft knife to excise the offending "s", but I have refrained (mainly because I was scared the knife would slip and I would damage the rest of the stamp!)  
 Thanks for visiting Challenge me a Christmas Card part 2!

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! You've inspired me to dig out my oldest Christmas stamp to play too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.