Saturday 25 July 2015

Revisiting an idea

I made a couple of cards similar to these ones for A Blog Named Hero last week (see THIS POST), but I wanted to try with a different background stamp, and a different colour.
I used the Garden Tile Pattern background stamp from Hero Arts, white embossed onto watercolour paper (I didn't really need the watercolour paper, but I had originally planned to add watercolour paints, but then changed my mind!), along with Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks. The first sentiment is from Stamp-It, the second is "A very special birthday" from Hero Arts.



 Thanks for visiting :)


4 comments:

  1. Michelle, both of these cards are totally perfect. Love your colour combo and this background stamp, I so need it. i am trying to work out if you used the distress inks as watercolour or blended. Whichever it is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Aileen - thanks for your comment! I used an ink blending tool with Distress Inks - Salty Ocean, then Mermaid Lagoon, then Peacock Feathers, then Cracked Pistachio.

      Delete
  2. Really beautiful, Michelle!! Love the Distress Ink color mix with this background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards. Thanks for reminding me i have one of those stamps you used. I am making cards for charity and these are a great idea to CASE. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.