Wednesday 21 January 2015

A new challenge at A Blog Named Hero

There's a new challenge starting today at A Blog Named Hero - the theme is "Personalise".  As soon as I saw this theme, I thought of my sister-in-law, Claudine.  Her name is not common in Australia, so when she was growing up, the shops never had a personalised keyrings or pencils or mugs with her name on it. So, seeing as her birthday is in January, I thought I'd make a card just for her.
I thought I had finished the card with just stamping (and the calligraphy for her name), but the flowers looked a little flat (even though they have a mixture of two different Hero Arts Shadow Inks on them), so I went over them with some matching Copic markers - not much, but enough.  Here's the before and after, side by side, so you can see the difference:

 Make sure you drop on in to A Blog Named Hero to check out what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you.
http://ablognamedhero.blogspot.com.au/
 And, don't forget, there's a voucher from Simon Says Stamp up for grabs for one lucky entrant!


Supplies:




1 comment:

  1. Michelle, I love this idea! I've got this set at home and was wondering how to use the individual flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.