Thursday 10 July 2014

CASE study with Shari Carroll

I love Shari Carroll's cards.  I have great difficulty making anything remotely like her cards, though - she always includes so much amazing detail, but makes it all look so complete and together.  Usually, when I try to add too much detail, it looks like a hot mess!   Anyway, Shari has made a beautiful card for this week's CASE Study challenge, so I thought I would challenge myself!

This card started as a mess, but I cut the patterned panel down to be less than half the card front, and it became a little less of a mess!  

I started with white cardstock and painted it with a mixture of water and a Gelato (Butter Cream) from Faber Castell.  I then affixed a stencil from Kaiser Craft and added some Wendi Vecchi embossing paste (some of which I'd mixed with some Snow Cone Gelato).  Before I removed the stencil and before the paste dried, I stamped over the embossing paste with my Hero Arts "Friend Definition" stamp in Antique Linen Distress Ink. I then removed the die and, while the paste was still a bit wet, I stamped a little Hero Arts butterfly from Antique Flowers and Butterflies in Brushed Corduroy.


The rest of the card is fairly simple in comparison!  LOL!

I affixed the die cut butterfly onto a die cut piece of acetate, so I will be submitting this to Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge.

 Seeing as I used Gelatos, embossing paste, die cutting as well as stamps, a stencil and ink, I'll also be submitting this to The Mixed Media Challenge
http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/case-study-challenge-199.html
Thanks for visiting :)

10 comments:

  1. Definitely not a mess, Michelle! You are so clever! This card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your rendition of Shari's card, Michelle! Especially your overstamping of the friend definition, so neat! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun take on the inspiration card....totally fun!
    Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Michelle! LOVE the colored embossing paste and then stamping on top ... it looks AMAZING! And the added layer of acetate to the butterfly is awesome. Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! I adore the embossing paste! Thanks so much for joining us for the latest CASE Study Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your background and how you stamped on the embossing paste Michelle! Thanks for much for joining us in the Mixed Media Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, I love the texture and the color combo you use - my kind of colours too :). thanks for playing along with us at MMCC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all that texture you achieved from the embossing paste and how clean your card looks! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card Michelle! I love how you stamped into the wet paste. Thanks for playing along with the Mixed Media Card Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful mixed media card! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.