Wednesday 23 April 2014

CASE study DT search

The fabulous challenge blog, CASE study, run by the awesome Iwona Palamountain, is having a design team call.  The idea is to pick a papercrafter who inspires you and CASE one of their cards.

I have chosen Joy Taylor as my muse for this card - I just adore her clean and simple style.  I also got to spend a little bit of time with her at a recent crafty retreat, and she is just the best. 

Anyway, here's my card - I took some of the ideas from Joy's card (which I've added below, with her permission), but also added some other touches that Joy uses sometimes in her designs (like embossing paste, and twine).


 Here's Joy's card - you can check out her original post HERE:
http://simplebydesignblog.com/2014/03/mothers-day-2.html
I love the white on white on this card, and the single colour used.  On my card, I used embossing paste over the Hero Arts "Large Lotus Pattern" stencil, as well as a white doily, to provide white on white texture.  I decided to colour my vellum "Clustered Leaves" die cut (from Simon Says Stamp) to add a pop of colour - I coloured it with a Faber Castell gelato (Margarita Mix) mixed with lots of water, then painted the colour on - this coloured the vellum, and also made it curl up, which means the leaves provide a bit more texture to the card.  I originally thought of punching the sentiment panel out of coloured cardstock, but, after trying a couple of different colours, I preferred the simplicity of the white.

Thanks, Joy - mmmwaah!!

Thanks for visiting :)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Michelle, good luck this is a stunning card and thank you for choosing me as your muse :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Michelle! The white on white layers, embossing paste, vellum and twine all remind me of Joy's style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clean and sophisticated Michelle. Not always easy to accomplish.beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Michelle - love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous !! love the embossing paste n the vellum leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all the texture on your card, Michelle! Fantastic design :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.