Saturday 25 January 2014

Online Card Class: Stenciled Day 1

Another Online Card Class began today - didn't get much done this morning, as I was not feeling crash hot, but managed to get myself to Spotlight to buy 3 new stencils from Kaiser Craft.  I don't own many stencils, and the ones that I do have are quite geometric, and I was not in a geometric mood, so wanted something more organic - know what I mean?  Anyway, here's my first card:
I used the 12x12 template from Kaiser Craft called "leaves" for this one - used my ink blending tool with 2 distress inks - Spun Sugar first, then moved the stencil and added some Worn Lipstick.  Finished with "Happy Birthday" from Stamp It in Hero Hues black ink.   I decided it needed a teeny bit more oomph, so I painted over the Worn Lipstick with my clear Wink of Stella brush. You can just make it out in the next photo.

http://onlinecardclasses.com
Back soon with another stenciled card :)  Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Michelle! I love the colors that you chose...so pretty, and your sentiment works really well with your design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable with that shadow-like flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, the colours are Fab. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, I'm slow in catching up (blogger issues galore), but here I am hoping my comment will stick, to applaud how pretty your card is! You've completed your 'homework' with flair and style! The whisper of glitter adds such a special touch. Fabulous! Hope you're feeling better!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card! Love it!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the effect you achieved by moving your stencil slightly for the second color...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle --- How have your been? I can see that you are still creating amazing cards and just LOVE how this came out. I am totally enjoying this class and can't wait to try more cards, which should be this week. I'll be sad when it quickly ends tomorrow, especially because I am behind! BooHOO! Thanks for sharing and Congrats on all your fabulous Design Team roles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card - LOVE the stencil & the sentiment stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, love the shadow effect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, love the shadow effect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely! Thank you for the pretty inspiration, and thank you for it being a nudge to me to check out that class! :)

    God bless,
    C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.