Thursday 31 January 2013

Clean and Simple Cardmaking 2 - Day 3

I'm on a roll with making Valentine's Day cards - I love making them, even though I have nobody to give them to (*sniff*).  Oh, well, somebody will enjoy them!

I went with Jennifer McGuire's inky technique to produce an ombre effect. I tried stamping the hearts (from a Die-namics set - Umbrella and Stamp set) straight onto the front of the card, but made a few blunders, so cut a piece down to use as a panel.  Then I decided to put a sentiment (from PaperTrey Ink Tremendous Treats - Valentine), but wanted it white embossed on dark pink - but just sticking it on top of the panel seemed too easy and boring, so I cut a window.  However, I had to cut it by hand because I don't have a die to fit that stamp - so out came my craft knife!  I'm usually really bad at using a craft knife, but I've realised that it's because I'm just too impatient, so I took a leaf out of Kristina Werner's book and took it slow and steady - I took my time, swiped the inside edge with a marker to finish off the cut edge, and it turned out well :)  Rounded the top right corner of the card, and I was done!


I thought I'd also submit this card to Addicted to CAS "Heart" challenge.
I hope you're having a lovely day :)

PS thank you for all the lovely comments from fellow Clean and Simple 2 classmates - I really appreciate them! 

7 comments:

  1. Very nicely done! I really like your gradient hearts and adding the sentiment in the center and hand cutting was pure genius! it looks great and I really like all the white space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. I like the heart cut out and your gradient colors are perfect. You have more patience than me as far as cuting out by hand. But I have been trying to go slow also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job with the colors on the hearts. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card...such a pretty color palette and choice of design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used it for a small panel instead of the whole front of the card, and I love the little cutout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle. Your color gradation of the hearts is wonderful ... love that you went with a panel. Fabulous way to highlight your sentiment with recessing it in your hand-cut heart (congrats by the way ... I have never mastered the art of using a craft knife). Thanks for joining us again at Addicted to CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle. Love the colours of your hearts and that you were so successful with your craft knife. Must admit I'm a bit like you so shall follow your lead - slow and steady! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at A2CAS.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.