Sunday 2 October 2011

Feeling loopy

This weeks CASual Fridays challenge is to put loops somewhere on a card.  I've seen this done on a few cards before, but never done it myself, but there's no time like the present!!
I'm kind of addicted to this Japanese patterned paper now - it is just so gorgeous!  I also stamped some leaves in versamark in the background, because the background looked a bit stark without it. 

 I cut about 1cm off the right side of the front of the card, so I could have the sentiment hang over the edge without it getting squished up in an envelope ;).   I added a strip of red to the inside of the card just to set it off.
 This loopy idea is great to use up little bits of left over ribbon - this bit was not even really long enough to tie a bow with, but I cut it into 3 pieces and looped each around, fastening with a glue dot.  The SU antique brad in the middle sets it off nicely, I think :)

4 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous CAS card Michelle! Congrats on your win at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely! Great ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow stunning!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful! I love that paper and the ribbon loops are a perfect accent to that beautiful brad :) Glad you had fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.