Monday 27 June 2011

Summer card camp has begun!!!

The online Summer card camp, run by Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire, has begun! Woo hoo!

The colour combo was posted at midnight Eastern Time in the States, which was 2pm here in Melbourne- when I was at a primary school teaching kids in prep, grade one and grade two about minibeasts! LOL!

Anyway, after work, I got home, had dinner, checked my email and immediately got card making!

Here's the colour combo

Purple, pink, sky blue, orange and white - OK then.......

Here's my card.



All the coloured card was from my box of offcuts, so I honestly have no idea what brand or colours they are - all I know is that they're purple, pink, sky blue, orange and white.  I made the large flower using some different sized flower punches , and a brad in the middle. I read about the flower technique on Joanne Leddy's blog - however, I used punches from EK Success (I think they're called "retro flower").  The blue has been embossed using a Stampin' up embossing folder, and the sentiment is a Penny Black stamp. 

8 comments:

  1. Awesome card! This is going to be so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle - Way to go on being the FIRST gal in Summer Cam to get your card done! I think you did a great job and I'm totally enjoying CAMP!!

    I'm also now one of your followers and will look forward to seeing you at CAMP!!!

    Happy Crafting,
    Lisa
    ThePurplePalce

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty flower you've made! It's lovely ... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the added touch of the embossing on the blue strip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love that flower and your blue embossed strip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card, the flowers really say summer and I love the embossing. It's truly a great example of a "clean and simple" card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful. Love the simplicity and the beautiful focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love how you used the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.